Press release -
Launch of www.europride2014.com
From 20th of June to 29th of June 2014 Oslo Pride are the hosts of EuroPride. The event website is now online.
– To be the host of EuroPride gives us more attention than usual, and we do aspire to make use of all of it, says the leader of Oslo Pride, Stein Runar Østigaard and continues:
– EuroPride 2014 in Oslo is particularly important, now that we see that LGBT rights are in retreat in several European countries, as in our neighbouring country Russia. During EuroPride in Oslo we aim to put human rights firmly on the international agenda.
– Our human rights agenda will be consistently addressed as we bring our guest a larger and better Pride Park at the Town Square in Oslo, with a pioneering Pride house at the House of Literature and at The Museum of Cultural History, and, not least, with a EuroPride-parade that people will not forget.
Central to the promotion of next year's big event in the capital of Norway is VisitOSLO.
– With VisitOSLO on the team we have throughout 2013 promoted EuroPride 2014, in many European cities, and we look forward to seeing as many international guets as possible, says Østigaard.
– In 2013 it was submitted over 150 events to our main program, and with EuroPride in the pipeline we expect that the number of submitted events will increase significantly in 2014, says Petter Ruud Johansen, Oslo Prides Information Officer.
This website's primary language is English. The website has been translated into Spanish, Norwegian, while both Russian and German versions are in preparation.
Oslo Pride is the largest Pride festival in Norway, and in 2014 we are the hosts of EuroPride.
EuroPride in Oslo will be held from Friday 20th June to Sunday 29th June 2014. During our ten-day festival, we shall through art, culture, politics and parties set human rights and lhbtiq issues on the agenda.